Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Is Yoga Enough to Be Fit?

I just read this fantastic article that reaffirms what I have felt and known for years. For all those out there who question whether yoga is enough, it is. I am going to attach the Yoga Journal Article Link below, but before I let you read it, pay attention to the comments at the bottom of the article. The first comment mirrors my experience almost exactly. For years I worked out in gyms daily, for hours, and never got the body I wanted. When I took on yoga full time my body quickly began to reshape itself into what I had been hoping for, and that is only the superficial aspect to fitness, lets not forget how much better I feel in every other way. Last of all before I let you read the article let me point out my favorite portion, pertaining to all my restore students, stretching muscle builds muscle. So when we stretch out, we are also toning. I have witnessed this in my own body, and this article helps explain this wonderful phenomenon. So without further ado: http://www.yogajournal.com/practice/739

No comments:

Post a Comment